MY SHOP: WWW.STUDIO11CHARMS.COM

Monday, August 1, 2011

THE IMPORTANCE OF GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have you ever purchased something online and the seller's shop said that they will deliver you the goods/products within 24 hours (for digital products)...and it would take days for them to send you a simple email???? I mean, what is up with that?

I hate bad customer service! And I am sure that most of you can relate to me on this topic.
And then I would have to send the seller an email, trying to kindly put in a way that will scream, "Send me my stuff that I paid for." And many times, I really want to write these sellers an email to let them know that "hey, maybe you should do what you said that would do. Don't lie to your customers by over promising and under delivering. And your customer service sucks really bad, and I will NEVER shop with you ever ever ever again." whewww... I got that out of my system. And just to note, I never once write these sellers a mean email...I was just thinking it inside my head. But sometimes I feel like I should let them know so that they will know the reason why they are loosing customers like me and probably many others as well.

And then I really don't like it when I really want a product, but have a few last minutes questions, and the seller would take days and on some few occasions, a week or more to get back to me! "Are you kiding me?" "Are these people still open for business?" So of course, when the sellers don't get back to me asap, or within 24 hours, I go somewhere else to buy what I need (even if it is more money). And you guessed it, I never shop with that seller ever again. I mean, why would I? If they can't even get back to me in a timely manner when I only have a simple question about their product (and I was so ready to purchase and pay immediately), then why should I go back to purchase something from them? What happens if there is a problem with the package/product/order? I would probably never hear back from them if I have a problem.

LESSONS TO BE LEARNED FOR SHOP OWNERS:
1. Amazing Customer Service is Key!
2. Getting back to your customers in a timely manner is very important.
3. Shipping items to your customers in a timely manner is very important.
4. If there is a problem, don't turn a blind eye. Just fix the problem and 99% of the time, your customers will be happy.
5. Golden rule! A happy customer is a returned customer.
An unhappy customer turned happy customer is a customer for life (as long as your customer service is top notch).
An unhappy customer that is unresolved will be extremely detrimental to your business and profit margin. They will never shop from you again and they will tell all of their friends to stay away from your shop too.

SUMMARY: Take care of your customers!

***This article was inspired by my experience with a few bad experiences with sellers and great experiences with sellers. And how this has affected my buying patterns in the future in certain product categories and with these specific sellers. I am sure most of you can relate to me. And I am using my purchasing experience as a "business lesson" for all of us entrepreneurs.
I will not be naming names of specific shops or sellers, just sharing my experiences with you.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great article! Thanks for sharing! You are so right a happy customer will return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody hates poor and slow customer service. Good customer service will make customers return every now and then. It's one way of giving back to them for what they have done for our businesses. Well, it's good to point that a satisfied customer leaves tips, too. LOL!

    >Sonia Roody

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...